Chittagong, is a commercial capital of Bangladesh has a busy international sea port and airport. it has green hills, spacious sandy beach and elegant cool climate always attract the holiday- makers described by the Chinese traveler and poet, Huen Tsang.
Chittagong is the country’s staple port and is the main site for the establishment of heavy, medium and the light industries. Shah amanat international airport, the second largest airport of Bangladesh.
- The shrine of Hazrat Shah Amanat (RM) is located in the heart of the city.
- Court building museum is situated on the fairy hill.
- Tomb of Sultan Bayazid Bostami is 6 km to the north west of Chittagong city.
- World war II cemetery havingeternal rest as many as 700 soldiers from different countries who lead down their lives on the Myanmar front during the world war II.
- Foy,s Lake (Pahartali Lake) is 8 km from down town Chittagong. With the theme park, water park, accommodation motel.
- Mercantile Marine academy is situated on the estuary of the karnaphuli.
- From the city Fouzdarhat sea beach is about 15 km far.
- Ethnological museum located is Agrabad area, which is a tresure-house of a variety of tribal culture and heritage of country.
- From the city Patenga beach is about 20 km far.
- Sitakunda is about 35 km west of the city is a legendary place of pilgrimage for the hindus.
How to go:-
From Dhaka you can go to Chittagong by air, road and train.
Air: You can fly from Dhaka to Chittagong with Biman Bangladesh Airlines, GMG Airlines, United Airways etc. Everyday they are operating flight to chittagong. As Shah Amanat Airport, Chittagong is an international airport, you can fly from there with a international flight also.
Bus: Bus is most common way to go Chittagong. There are many company operating luxurious transportation on this road. Shohag, Green Line, Hino are leading transportation company.
Train: Train is always comfortable and favorite way to people. From Chittagong you may go anywhere of the country by train. Suborna Express, Mahanagar Gudhuli, Paharika, Mahanagar Provati, Udayn Express, Meghna Express, Turna Express are some inter city train those are operating from Chittagong.
Where to stay:-
There are a lots of hotel and motel in Chittagong to stay. Bangladesh Parjaton Corporation has also some hotel in Chittagong.
Asin SR Hotel
Hotel Golden Inn
Grand Park Hotel etc.